Donor Organization: Food and Agriculture Organisation under the UNREDD programme
Exeuctive & Partner Organization:
- Ministry of Forestry and Research and MECDM
- Partners: MAL, MLHS
With support from the UN-REDD Programme, the Government of the Solomon Islands developed a national REDD+ Readiness Roadmap in the period June 2012-March 2014. The Solomon Islands REDD+ Roadmap has seven main sections outlining activities that will guide the Government towards full readiness for REDD+. Under UN-REDD Targeted Supportfor the development of the Solomon Islands’ national forest monitoring system for REDD+ under the UNFCCC”.
Objective: To build national capacity and carry out field-based studies for the implementation of the Solomon Islands’ national forest inventory.
Location: Several proposed sites had been identified across the country.
Time Frame: November 2014 - 2015
Total Cost/Budget: USD $55,000
Status: Ready to be implement waiting upon the transfer of funds.
- A technical assessment of capacity needs for the implementation of a national forest inventory in the Solomon Islands.
- A funding proposal for the implementation of the Solomon Islands first national forest inventory.
- Field-based forest inventory training and data collection and analysis.
- Chris Wagatora Ghiro, REDD+ officer, Ministry of Forests and Research
National Climate Change Policy: N/A
Amount of Project Budget Spent to Date: N/A
Percentage of Project Budget Spent to Date: N/A