Donor Organization: UN-REDD Solomon Islands Programme: Support to Initial Readiness
Exeuctive & Partner Organization:
- Executive: UNDP, FAO and UNEP
- Partners: MECDM (Climate Change Division) and Ministry of Forestry
The Solomon Islands needs to develop a comprehensive REDD+ Strategy that sets out how forest emission reductions will be achieved. This initial programme will establish the neccessary processes to ensure that such strategy is developed in an inclusive, participatory and transparent manner.
Aim: The aim of the UN-REDD Programme is to ensure REDD+ stakeholders have a comprehensive understanding of the potential benefits and risks associated with REDD+.
The Objective of this initial UN-REDD programme is to establish the necessary institutional and individual capacities required to develop full REDD+ readiness in the Solomon Islands.
- The project does not have a pilot site however, MRV trainings were carried out in Choiseul.
Time Frame: 2012 - 2014
Total Cost/Budget: USD$550,000.00
- REDD+ readiness supported by effective, inclusive and participatory management processes.
- REDD+ stakeholders have a comprehensive understanding of the potential benefits and roles associated with REDD+.
- Chanel Iroi (Under Secretary), MECDM, (677) 23031
National Climate Change Policy: N/A
Amount of Project Budget Spent to Date: N/A
Percentage of Project Budget Spent to Date: N/A