Donor Organization: USAID (Coral Triangle Support Programme)
Exeuctive & Partner Organization:
- Executive: MECDM Implementing
- Partners: WorldFish and WWF Solomon Island Program
This project is implementing the Year 3 Activities of the Coral Triangle Support Programme (CTSP) in Solomon Islands. The main activity is the development and trialing of a Vulnerability & Adaptation (V & A) Assessment for use in rural communities in Solomon Islands especially as part of community based resource management (CBRM).
Aim: To develop a V & A Assessment tool as part of CBRM that will be adopted by National/ Provincial governments for use in communities.
- To develop a national strategy and framework for CBRM using GERUSA as a model site and using lessons from GERUSA begin a phased implementation in priority provinces at the community, province and national level
- To design and develop capacity building and institutional support strategy for CBRM at community, province and national level and develop appropriate training guides and materials to support CBRM nationally
- To undertake provincial and community level rapid climate change vulnerability and adaptation assessment in priority provinces and GERUSA integration site
- To identify appropriate community level adaptation strategies in communities in priority provinces (train WWF staff to undertake in Gizo integration site) and implement at GERUSA integration site .
Location: Focus is now on GERUSA (Gela/Russell/Savo) and GIZO (WP) integration sites in line with CTSP priorities
Time Frame: October 2010- September 2011
- 2010: USD 30,000
- 2011: USD120,000
- 2012: USD 60,000
- 2013: USD 40,000
Sector: Marine and Coastal Fisheries
- Strengthened instittutional support strategy for Community Based Resource Management (CBRM) at community, provincial and national level
- Agnetha Vave Karamui (Chief Environment Officer), MECDM, (677) 23031
National Climate Change Policy: N/A
Amount of Project Budget Spent to Date: N/A
Percentage of Project Budget Spent to Date: N/A